Do you love mexican food as much as me? I’m pretty sure you do as we sell more tex mex items than anything else. One thing I love to make for dinner is burritos. I can’t eat wheat so i’d opt for a gluten free wrap, like the ones from BFree, but you can go for whatever wrap you fancy. This is such an easy vegan meal, and perfect for new vegans as you certainly don’t miss the meat or dairy. It’s filling, healthy and absolutely delicious!
Serves 2 – 3 (6 wraps)
- 6 wraps
- 1 cup brown rice, cooked according to packet instructions or rice cooker instructions.
- 1 tin black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 1 tin refried beans
- Guacamole (1 avocado mashed with juice of half a lime, 1/2 tsp garlic, 1/2 tsp paprika, salt to taste).
- Your favourite salsa – I love any supermarket hot salsa!
- Vegan mayonnaise (available in the free from section at supermarkets or find in your local health food store)
- iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- salt & pepper to taste
Heat up black beans in a small pan with the spices, salt and pepper. Heat refried beans according to tin instructions.
Layer the refried beans, brown rice, black beans, avocado, salsa, mayo and lettuce on your wrap. To go in your lunch box, wrap each burrito in tin foil. Store in the fridge until lunch time, as rice left at room temperature can make you very sick.
Do you like this recipe? Let me know at firstname.lastname@example.org and tell me what other recipes you want to see!